Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Recognizing Designers

So I know the board game community online is a lot better about recognizing designers than the publishers.  It's a pretty recent phenominon to see designers' names on boxes in US Department Stores.

I decided to see how much discussion I could drum up with a big geeklist about designers over on BGG:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/48645

In that list I explore designers that have 2+ games in my collection.  I spent a lot of time writing it so I'm going to use that as an excuse to keep this blog entry short.

What did I learn from doing it?

I'm really sad that it appears Kory Heath is mostly focused on iPhone apps instead of board games now.

I mix up Gunter Cornett and Thorsten Gimmler.  Neither designer is a one hit wonder and yet neither of them have done enough to really stand out.  Of the two, I think I like Cornett's designs more in general, but they both just seem solidly okay overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave. Your mamma could read this.