Sunday, March 14, 2010

Back on Track

I've done it.  I've put a large number of nice games up for auction over HERE.

Why?  I need the space and I'm in the hole on gaming budget.

What ones were I really sad to see go?

Union Pacific - I really like the idea of crossing Trains with Acquire.  But it just had too much fiddly crap.  The Union Pacific stock was pretty much broken.  And the track cards were stupid and un-needed.  And all that left was just a card game.  And that's a big board with lots of bits to just be a card game.


HomeSteaders - It's not that I didn't like it, I just didn't see myself playing it a bunch in the future and it was worth money right *now*.  My biggest issue?  If you don't comprehend the Magic:The Gathering "Stack", then it's unlikely you'll really understand the market transactions in Homesteaders.  No, the transactions don't actually work like the "Stack".  It just means you need to have a brain that can function like a assembly processor.  Some people do, and other's don't.  Also, I got real tired of pushing bits back and forth.  It was much better than Princes of Machu Picchu, but it did have a similar feel after awhile.


Galaxy Trucker - I enjoyed it.  It just has *so* many damn pieces and parts.  And hey, I've got Factory Fun to fill the same itch.



Anyway, I've already ordered Heavy Rain and Metal Gear Solid 4 to do some interactive movie playing in the theater in the basement.  That and pay off the Crokinole board before it gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave. Your mamma could read this.