Saturday, May 15, 2010

Musings on Nothing

So I got a chance to play my pimped Acquire.  It was actually quite enjoyable.

The big clay hotel markers were a blast.  I forgot to get an in game shot, but here's a snapshot of them being formed:


They were very easy to see.  The colors matched the stocks just great.  It as easy to read their name.  And the size let us know stock prices without using the reference sheet.  (Small is "N", medium is "N+1", large is "N+2"; all up to 6 large)

Funny enough, I saw someone post a spreadsheet that is supposed to be run on a laptop at the gaming table to help you calculate merger payouts in Acquire.  I suppose it might save a *tiny* amount of time.  But really, it's not that hard of a game to calculate.  I understand calculators for some of the 18XX style games, but I think you're just getting lazy with Acquire.


Of course, I also make my own large & legible payout sheets and drop the units back to $1 so it's not annoying as piss to do the math.  I suppose if you wanted to leave everything in hundreds I could handle the calculator better.


Anyway, off to a fun weekend of friends and gaming.  Got gobs of painting done around the house, so I'm glad to be done for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave. Your mamma could read this.