Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Vacations Over

Had a great time cruising around the Eastern US.  Spent the last week dipping my feet in the Atlantic.

Also got to play a good chunk of games since we traveled with another gaming couple.

Some highlights:

Man I still love Brass and Ra.  Both of these got played and I enjoyed them immensely.  I won both handily, and sometimes I worry that this overly influences my enjoyment.  Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't.  But it was still a great time.

Chaos in the Old World- Played with 4 experienced players.  Turned into a real "Whack the Leader" fest.  I mean, I know that's what it's supposed to be, but damn.  It got tiring quickly.  That play really took the shine off for me.

Zendo and Uptown both got played.  Props to Kory Heath for some great designs.  I heard that Uptown is getting reprinted with Plastic bits.  I might just jump on that, it's just a great game.  I haven't gotten to use the new rules yet though.  Kory decided that they made a slightly better game.  The new rule is just in the scoring:

Your final score = #Groups + #Captured Pieces of the player you captured the most of

I really like the idea of how that spreads the hate around.  And it makes it possible to win with multiple groups instead of the winner always having 1-2 groups.

Anyway, back to work, plenty to catch up on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave. Your mamma could read this.