Friday, October 23, 2009

Essen 2009 Craze

Yea, it's smack in the middle of the Essen game fair.  Lots of good reporting going on around the intertubes.  Probably my favorite report each year goes on over at the G@mebox:

Kulkmann's G@mebox


So everyone is going to pound on the big releases.  I thought I'd mention a couple without much fanfare:

Priests of Ra

Supposedly pretty much Ra with two sided tiles.  When you draw them, you choose the side.  Pretty cool really.  I *think* it would add a little more room for strategy.  More likely it would just add an extra decision every turn.  Beyond "Auction or Draw".  Still, I'm a sucker for Ra related.

Mow

I really wanted a copy when it was released last year.  But the import premium was just too much.  I still believe that if a game is good enough it will eventually get a domestic release.  Well, it hasn't hit domestic YET, but it did get picked up by a big publisher and has really been making the rounds this time.

Fzzt!

This one has been available for a little while.  You can order it on the cheap from the company's website.  It's a definite "Deck Building" spinoff.  It's auction driven, and some worry about a runaway leader.  Meh.  It does it Ra style where you keep going until everyone has run out of resources, so everyone will probably get something.


Anyway, busy day at work so back to the grindstone for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave. Your mamma could read this.