Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Math Trades & Unpublished Prototypes

A couple topics for the day:

Math Trades

Yea, there's another big one up.  Yea, I don't have much junk left.  I do have a couple small card games I picked up at GenCon and shouldn't have.  But of course I don't think anyone wants them.  So I posted them both together and went ahead and tossed in 25 geekgold too.  Most people don't notice that 25GG is only US$2 on the current exchange rate.  Still, I could just call it "Half an Avatar" and most of the newbs would jump on it I suppose.


Unpublished Prototypes

So I think I'm tired of recording plays of Unpublished Prototypes.  I've got about 3 designs that are entirely playable.  I think I'm going to just say "screw it" and make entries for all of them on the 'geek.  Then I can go ahead and publish some files for them too.

Of course, that means lotsa rules writing.  Right now only one of them has decent rules, and even it isn't great. Considering all the effort I go into for rules, it always annoys the crap out of me when I pick up published rule books that suck.  I mean, yea it's hard, but people are paying you to get it right!

Anyway, here's some quick blurbs on the games I'm going to post:

Gear Burn

Roll & Move Racing.  Don't run away screaming yet.  I actually am very proud of this one.  I made sure it has interesting decisions on every turn.  It's also very easy to explain and play.

Hoosier Rails

Yea, the token train game.  I just tried some drastic changes last night and really like how they turned out.  Now I just need to make the cards more usable.  The current prototype cards are from way back before I figured out how to make usable ones.

Tipping Point

A recent design that makes use of a couple deck of cards.  I actually like it quite a bit, but I don't know if it would actually resonate with anyone else.

Anyway, off to start the work day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave. Your mamma could read this.